Saturday, June 10, 2023

A name change?

Today's post is a quick one. I was recently asked why the ministry changed its name a while back. The answer is actually pretty simple. So, it wouldn't get lost in the forest for all the other trees. You see, the previous name was great when the ministry started. We're in a desert and a very high elevation. A mile up and higher in some areas. However, as the years went on, I noticed that other churches and ministries had were also using "High Desert" more and more. As a matter of fact, if you did a search online, you'd find them littered around the country. Not just places of worship, but various stores as well. Change was needed. 

We needed something new, and it needed to reflect our values. Something I've always preached is that we all need to be the light in other people's darkness. To reflect God for those who are hurting. I've said it in interviews, training people, and preached I don't know how many times on it. The choice became clear, and the Lord presented us with a new name. High Desert Ministries became Be the Light Sanctuary. With that change, a new chapter in our ministry's life began. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where it lands

I've spoken before about whether or not I should stay on blogger as my blogging platform. More and more I'm seeing that perhaps it i...